YOMU has developed a strategic goal under each of the three thematic areas that will be the guide in building a framework to discharge its commitment effectively and efficiently in accordance with expectations of its stakeholders. Under each strategic goal, a number of objectives and strategies to achieve these objectives have been developed:
THEMATIC AREA 1: LIVELIHOOD
Improve access to adequate food, proper nutrition and income farming households in Acholi sub-region.
- Increase level of income amongst 500 youth-led farming hoseholds.
- Increase food productivity by 40% through intensification (yield per acre) of farming.
- Improve nutrition amongst 500 youth-led farming households through awareness and education.
- Working closely with donors, district local governments and other stakeholders.
- Expanding and diversifying income generation through entrepreneurship development and support.
- Mobilize youths to form rural marketing groups at group level lin order to create market access
- Train youth in post-harvest management, agronomic practices and value addition in order to meet marketing standards.
- Promote use of improved farming methods
- Awareness creation and education about nutrition practices.
THEMATIC AREA 2: HEALTH
THEMATIC AREA 3: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Block 1 Andrea Olal Road, Layibi Central.
Tel: +256 414 694 419
OUR PARTNERS AND FUNDERS
We acknowledge with deep appreciation the support of all our partners including:
- Gulu NGO Forum
- Gulu University